Zone3 - Lava Long Distance Full Zip Short Sleeve Trisuit - Men's
NEW: MEN’S AERO-FLO LAVA SS TRI SUIT WITH FRONT ZIP
What makes this product different:
- New AERO-FLOstriped material on the sleeves and side panels for enhanced aerodynamics.
- Heat bonded arm sleeve for perfect finish.
- Full front zip giving the benefits of a full Tri suit with the versatility of top and shorts.
- Premium woven fabrics with water repellent coating to ensure maximum performance and comfort throughout the race.
- Ergonomic panel design, fit and fabrics designed for temperature control.
- Extremely high quality, Iron Performance pad by Cytech. Crucial for IM distances.
- High end Italian leg grippers for maximum comfort and support throughout the race.
- Large, functional pocket design for race day nutrition.
The award-winning Lava collection was launched in 2013 and is designed specifically with long distance athletes in mind. The top and shorts won the Triathlon 220 Magazine Editor’s choice award with a 92% rating and the Tri suit range has been described as ‘Top-end design with great features”. The range has been a massive success with Ironman athletes racing all over the world.
Thanks to the popularity of the range, new products have been added and even further research and development has been conducted to ensure maximum performance and comfort. The garment you wear in an Ironman event can significantly affect your performance and therefore this range is designed to be lightweight, super- comfortable, exceptionally breathable, supportive and functional. New fabrics and features make the latest Lava collection an absolute must-have for anybody racing in long distance events.
The Lava suit has continued to get better every year and offers maximum breathability, temperature control and freedom of movement. This combined with a supportive compression fabric used on the lower body makes for an extremely high-performance garment.
The key features include:
AERO-FLO – An innovative striped material on the raglan sleeves and side panels to improve aerodynamics. This textured material creates turbulence across the key boundary layers during high speeds on the bike which reduce drag and improve race times. Velodrome tested and approved by our Pro athletes using this suit in *. This material also offered UPF-50 and is soft and breathable.
Full front zip –This feature allows the suits to be put on and taken off more easily and quickly. Crucial for making quick toilet breaks during a race. Also, allowing full torso ventilation during very warm conditions.
Aeroforce Soft-Touch - A revolutionary French woven fabric is used on the main front and back panels and is extremely comfortable against the skin and technically advanced. It is one of the most expensive performance fabrics on the market, but once you have tried it you will understand why.
Key benefits include:
- Extremely breathable and sweat wicking for optimum temperature control.
- Incredible lightweight and quick drying whilst still being durable and offering a 50+ UPF protection
- 360° stretch for total freedom of movement.
- A high-tech water repellent coating for drag resistance both in and out of the water and to repel sweat whilst on the go. Also, a very useful feature if it rains on the bike section, helping to keep you drier and warmer.
- This is a market-leading fabric which is used by a very high proportion of pro athletes. Comfort is crucial during a long-distance race and as soon as you feel this fabric against your skin you'll understand why it is a key feature in the range. This fabric is used on the main front and back panels.
Sensory – An extremely smooth and soft fabric that feels fantastic against the skin, it provides extra support and compression on the legs together with a full water repellent coating. The fabric is highly breathable and sweat wicking, while the 360º stretch ensure total freedom of movement.
- Each fabric carefully chosen and positioned to improve performance, comfort and endurance.
- Balanced Compression is provided through the legs thanks to a carefully designed panel shape and the high denier rating of the Sensory fabric. This improves muscle support and helps to increase the blood flow away from the legs, therefore reducing the amount of lactic acid build up and helping to improve endurance and stamina.
- Brand new ‘Iron Performance’ pad: Designed by Cytech, one of the World’s leading pad manufacturers in Italy. Probably one of the most important aspects of racing this distance is being comfortable on the saddle. Perforated pad lamination delivers supreme breathability and quick drying capabilities. The high-density foam gives more padding and protection when cycling and the central channelling in the perinea area is designed to offset pressure points. The high level of elasticity in the pad also maximises freedom of movement when swimming and running. Described by 220 Magazine as being "remarkably good on the saddle".
- Nutrition storage on each side of the legs and nice big pockets on the back to stock up on nutrition and make it easy to access whilst on the bike or run.
- Heat Bonded Sleeves – For optimum fit and comfort and reduced drag compared to stitching.
- Premium Italian leg grippers – New, ultra soft wide grippers give even pressure distribution and added comfort over the silicone style grippers. These are stitched to the bottom of the leg material rather than inside to create a more comfortable fit and do a fantastic job of preventing any movement during the cycle and run.
- Comfort fit design throughout the body and neck together with slightly wider shoulder panels for increased protection from the sun.
- Optical white colour used on the majority of the top to help reflect the sun’s heat.
- Elastic Technology and binding gives a snug fit without any discomfort around the arms and neck lines. Also, new seam construction to prevent any chafing under the arm.
- Stylish Flat locked stitching: Designed for maximum strength and minimum discomfort against the skin.
- Front semi-auto lock zipper for extra ventilation during the cycle or run.
- Total Zip protection: Soft fabrics are used to cover the inside of the zipper and this is combined with 'fold over' cover to minimise any discomfort from the zip on the chest.
The suit offers all over comfort combined with performance during all three disciplines. If you're taking on a long distance race this season then we hope this will be the perfect suit.
As one of the most trusted triathlon brands and the manufacturer of My Triathlon’s best selling wetsuit of 2016 so far, Zone3 creates wetsuits and swimwear that aim to maximise your swimming experience. A well-established British company, Zone3 is a brand whose products are designed by athletes for athletes.
Call us today on 0207 183 4116 or contact us via WebChat for friendly, expert advice and for answers to any sizing queries you may have.