Zone3 - Victory D Wetsuit - Men's
220 Triathlon: Cutting Edge Award
Triathlon Plus: Peak Performance Award
What makes this product different:
- Winner of the 220 Triathlon ‘Cutting Edge’ Award for 2017.
- A wetsuit designed specifically for long distance swimming.
- Engineered to carefully balance buoyancy and flexibility throughout the body to ensure it give core support and maximum reach right into the last stages of the swim.
- Titanium lining for enhanced heat retention with a combination of Gold and Gunmetal SCS for a premium look.
The Zone3 Victory D suit has been designed with the long distance swimmer in mind. For those racing half or full distance Ironman races or longer distance swims – comfort, body position and speed through the water is vitally important.
The Victory D wetsuit is designed and constructed from the most advanced fabrics so that it offers the swimmer the maximum performance and we are confident that it will give you the fastest, smoothest and most comfortable swim possible. Every customer who buys a Victory D is invited to a UK based open water training event with top coaches and elite athletes which hopefully can help to improve your speed and technique further.
The wetsuit features include:
- 1. Full use of Yamamoto fabrics designed to ensure superb all-over body flexibility, comfort and performance. Zone3 work on new developments with Yamamoto as a chosen supplier because the neoprene offers fantastic performance features including:
- Speed: The aqua dynamic 'SCS' Nano coating applied to the neoprene creates almost zero drag through the water. A drag coefficient of just 0.021 compared with 4.0 for regular neoprene wetsuits. The SCS coating also prevents the suit from absorbing water, therefore avoiding excess weight in the wetsuit.
- Flexibility: A massive 480-580% in elongation, compared with human skin (under arm) which is just 60-70%. Superior flexibility and comfort with an expansion of 7x conventional wetsuit materials.
- Buoyancy: Derived from limestone rather than oil which offers a 23% higher closed-cell structure. This significantly increasing the buoyancy levels for the swimmer.
- Warmth: High heat retention: Keeping the body warmer in colder waters to help reduce body fatigue and improve performance.
- Eco: The neoprene is also derived from limestone opposed to petroleum which is more environmentally friendly.
- 2. Yamamoto SCS 40 neoprene, combined with Aerodome panels which have air bubbles built between the fabric layers to produce up to 30% more buoyancy than conventional neoprene. Due to the nature of the construction this also makes the suit lighter and further improves heat retention (vs other Yamamoto neoprene).
- 3. Heavily researched panel design and material thickness to ensure ultimate flexibility from head to toe. The shoulders, arms, back and side panels use a 1.5mm or 2mm thickness for extreme flexibility around the upper body.
- 4. A 5mm central chest panel acts as a roll-bar and helps to increase the distance of each stroke whilst also ensuring warmth in colder waters. The suit is carefully balanced in buoyancy ensuring there is maximum support around the core and upper legs.
- 5. 5mm thickness Aerodome is used around the hips for balanced buoyancy to position the body in the most efficient swim position in the water promoting streamlined swimming and helping to prevent any lower back ache over long distances.
- 6. Low cut and comfortable neck line and vertical chest panels to cater for a wider range of different rib-cage sizes and for necessary lung expansion.
- 7. Titanium lined inner jersey fabric to improve thermal properties and maintain blood circulation in the legs, as shown below:
- 8. Silicone coated Pro-SpeedTM Cuffs in metallic gold for rapid removal.
- 9. Upwards breakaway zip design for even quicker transitions and protection from having your zip pulled down during a race.
- 10. Comes complete with the ‘Best on Test’ Zone3 Transition Backpack for the ultimate storage and transportation solution.
This is a one of a kind suit which is the result of eight years of passion for open water swimming and wetsuit technology. We know what it takes to compete in long distance races and know how much mental strength is needed.
Taking part in endurance events is about personal victory and feeling that sense of achievement when you cross the line. We hope this wetsuit can help bring that sense of pride and victory to your race, regardless of how long it takes to complete. For further inspiration please see this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n5rCZBJfJY