Zone3 - Align Neutral Buoyancy Women's Wetsuit
What makes this product different:
- Simple, well designed neutral buoyancy wetsuit for swimmers with a natural streamlined body position which doesn’t tire over long distances.
- Panel layout based on one of the highest rated wetsuits of the last decade winning a wide range of industry awards.
- Made with 100% Yamamoto materials to ensure a much lighter, more flexible suit for maximum comfort and performance.
- New graphic update for this year to bring into line with the rest of the Zone3 range.
The Align is a wetsuit which was developed in 2014 and has been designed based on feedback from a minority of swimmers wanting a neutral wetsuit which is designed with minimal buoyancy and no additional performance features such as catch panels.
Since then we've been surprised just how much demand there has been for this suit and with more and more swimmers getting into open water looking for a natural feeling swim then this is as close as it gets with a full sleeve suit.
The panel design is based on our award winning Aspire wetsuit but with a one piece shoulder panel made from 1.5mm Yamamoto #40 SCS Nano for maximum flexibility. The thicknesses of each panel has also been reduced and balanced to keep the body aligned in the water.
The neutral buoyancy of the suit, provided by the thinner neoprene, is perfect for those swimmers who find that the 5mm neoprene found in the legs of the traditional style swim wetsuits can raise their legs too far out of the water and cause unwanted pressure on the lower back leading to an uncomfortable and often painful swim.
The overwhelming feedback that we have received from swimmers wearing the suit is that the Align is the most natural feeling wetsuit they've ever swam in. It's perfect for those who like to use their leg kick and are looking for pure comfort and full body flexibility.
The key features include:
- 1. Premium SCS Yamamoto fabrics designed to ensure superb all-over body flexibility, comfort and performance. Zone3 work on new developments with Yamamoto as a chosen supplier because the neoprene offers fantastic performance features such as:
- Speed: The aqua dynamic 'SCS' Nano coating applied to the neoprene creates almost zero drag through the water. A drag coefficient of just 0.021 compared with 4.0 for regular neoprene wetsuits. The SCS coating also prevents the suit from absorbing water, therefore avoiding excess weight in the wetsuit.
- Flexibility: A massive 480-580% in elongation, compared with human skin (under arm) which is just 60-70%.Superior flexibility and comfort with an expansion of 7x conventional wetsuit materials.
- Buoyancy: Derived from limestone rather than oil which offers a 23% higher closed-cell structure. This significantly increasing the buoyancy levels for the swimmer.
- Warmth: High heat retention: Keeping the body warmer in colder waters to help reduce body fatigue and improve performance.
- Eco: The neoprene is also derived from limestone opposed to petroleum which is more environmentally friendly.
- 2. Based on the best selling Aspire wetsuit, the Align offers neutral buoyancy for those who find their legs raise too much in other suits. This has been described as one of the most natural feeling wetsuits you’ll swim in.
- 3. New 1.5mm one-piece shoulder panel with no seams from elbow to elbow to offer even more flexibility and distance per stroke. This feature helps to conserve energy and allows you to swim faster with less effort.
- 4. Pro Speed CuffsTM on the arms and the legs for rapid removal after the swim to ensure the quickest transitions, saving you vital time on any course.
- 5. Premium inner linings are used which further add to the comfort and flexibility of the suit.
- 6. Downwards YKK zip to enable the suit to go on and off easily.
- 7. Women’s specific cut for the perfect fit.