BLUE SEVENTY - CORE BUOYANCY SHORTS
With Aerodome Neoprene
The Core Short provides lift for the hips and legs while swimming - simulating the lift of a wetsuit, and mimicking the feeling of using a pull-buoy. For triathletes, training with the Core Short will provide a seamless transition to wetsuit swimming in open water - getting you ready for race day. For pool swimmers, the Core Short is essentially a wearable, improved pull-buoy: it improves every swim stroke, allows natural kick and hip rotation, and flip-turns are easier.
Designed with the same top-end materials as the Helix Wetsuits, the Core Short is durable and able to withstand hours of pool and open-water use
We rarely run out of any size of the BlueSeventy Core Shorts.
There are two buoyancy shorts available in the UK today. The Zone3 buoyancy short has been available since 2011 and is also available from MyTriathlon. The BlueSeventy Core short adds colour with its distinctive orange markings, which also provides a point of difference.
The new Blue Seventy Core Shorts is a training aid to simulate the buoyancy of a wetsuit enabling you to rotate your body from your hips without having to focus on gripping a pullbuoy. They can be used in open water and the swimming pool.
The core shorts are made from 5mm Yamamoto Aerdrome SCS coated neoprene at the front with thinner 3mm neoprene panels at the side for extra flexibility and to promote hip rotation. Bright Orange graphics in targetted areas provide your swim coach with an easy focus point for analysing your hip and body rotation. The unique design opens at the thigh making the core short easy to take off in between sets. [A swimsuit should be worn underneath]
Built with the same top of the line materials as our award-winning wetsuits, the Core Short is designed to simulate the lift of a wetsuit resulting in a seamless adjustment to swimming on race day. It improves distance per stroke, speed and body position, all without the bulk and drag of a pull buoy while allowing natural kick, hip rotation and turning for all four strokes. The Core Short is positioned to become a staple training tool for swimmers and triathletes of all abilities.
- Replicates the body position of a wetsuit resulting in a seamless adjustment to swimming on race day.
- Constructed of high quality Yamamoto neoprene featuring buoyant Aerodome rubber in the front, 5mm rubber in the back and thinner 3mm side panels to promote rotation.
- Highly flexible 4 way stretch jersey.
- Bright orange graphics on the hips provide immediate feedback to the swimmer and coach on the pool deck of proper hip rotation.
- SCS coating makes the core short durable and hydrophobic.
- Longer length provides additional buoyancy.
- Higher back limits water entry during turns.
- Drawstring at waist secures fit.
- Available in 5 unisex sizes.
- The core short should be rinsed inside out with fresh water after each use and hung dry.