Introducing new fabrics; the updates to Zone3’s Lava Collection make the new suits a must-have.
What makes this product different:
The award winning Lava collection launched in 2013 and is designed specifically with long distance athletes in mind. The top and shorts won the Triathlon 220 Magazines editor's choice award with a 92% rating and the range has been a massive success with Ironman athletes racing all over the world.
Thanks to the popularity of the range, new products have been added and even further research and development has been conducted to ensure maximum performance and comfort. The garment you wear in an Ironman event can significantly affect your performance and therefore this range is designed to be lightweight, super- comfortable, exceptionally breathable, supportive and functional. New fabrics and features make the latest Lava collection an absolute must-have for anybody racing in long distance events.
This suit is based on our Tri suit but with laser cut short sleeves for improved aerodynamics, bicep muscle support and increase protection from UV rays. As per the new Tri suit it benefits from a significantly upgrade to fabric used on the upper body which offers maximum breathability, temperature control and freedom of movement. This combined with a supportive compression fabric used on the lower body makes for an extremely high performance garment. Further attention to detail has then been added to make the suit more comfortable and functional than ever before.
The key features include:
Aeroforce Soft-Touch - A revolutionary woven fabric from France is used on the main front and back panels and is extremely comfortable against the skin and technically advanced. It is one of the most expensive performance fabrics on the market, but once you have tried it you will understand why.
Key benefits include:
Sensory - Our Sensory fabric helps to mimic the Aeroforce Soft-Touch fabric and has an extremely smooth and soft feel together with a full water repellent coating. It also benefits from a reflective coating to help minimise heat absorption from the sun. This fabric is used on the side and back of leg panels.
Aquaflo - Our award winning Aquaflo fabric is also used for extra support and compression on the front legs.
1. Each fabric carefully chosen and positioned to improve performance, comfort and endurance.
2. Balanced Compression is provided through the legs thanks to a carefully designed panel shape and the high denier rating of the Aquaflo fabric. This improves muscle support and helps to increase the blood flow away from the legs, therefore reducing the amount of lactic acid build up and helping to improve endurance and stamina.
3. Aerodynamic laser cut short sleeves for improved aerodynamics, bicep muscle support and increase protection from UV rays.
1. Women's Specific ‘Iron Performance’ pad designed by Cytech, one of the World’s leading pad manufacturers in Italy. Probably one of the most important aspects of racing this distance is being comfortable on the saddle. The innovative perforated pad lamination delivers supreme breathability and quick drying capabilities. The high density foam gives more padding and protection when cycling and the central channelling in the perinea area is designed to offset pressure points. The high level of elasticity in the pad also maximises freedom of movement when swimming and running.
4. Nutrition storage on each side of the legs and nice big pockets on the back to stock up on nutrition and make it easy to access whilst on the bike or run.
5. Premium Italian leg grippers – New, ultra soft wide grippers give even pressure distribution and added comfort over the silicone style grippers. These are stitched to the bottom of the leg material rather than inside to create a more comfortable fit and do a fantastic job of preventing any movement during the cycle and run.
6. Comfort fit design throughout the body and neck together with slightly wider shoulder panels for increased protection from the sun.
7. Optical white colour used on the majority of the top to help reflect the sun’s heat.
8. Elastic Technology and binding gives a snug fit without any discomfort around the arms and neck lines. Also, new seam construction to prevent any chafing under the arm.
9. Stylish Flat locked stitching: Designed for maximum strength and minimum discomfort against the skin.
10. Front semi-auto lock zipper for extra ventilation during the cycle or run.
11. Total Zip protection: Soft fabrics are used to cover the inside of the zipper and this is combined with 'fold over' cover to minimise any discomfort from the zip on the chest.
The suit offers all over comfort combined with performance during all three disciplines. If you're taking on a long distance race this season then we hope this will be the perfect suit. Please also see our Tri suit or top and short options.
As one of the most trusted triathlon brands and the manufacturer of My Triathlon’s best selling wetsuit of 2016 so far, Zone3 creates wetsuits and swimwear that aim to maximise your swimming experience. A well-established British company, Zone3 is a brand whose products are designed by athletes for athletes.
Call us today on 0207 183 7245 or contact us via WebChat for friendly, expert advice and for answers to any sizing queries you may have.