New fabrics make the updated Zone3’s Lava Collection suits a must-have.
What makes this product different:
The award-winning Lava collection which launched in 2013 is designed specifically for long-distance athletes. The top and shorts won the Triathlon 220 Magazine editor's choice award, earning a 92% rating, and the range has been a massive success with Ironman athletes the world over.
Thanks to the range's popularity, new products have been added as a result of even further research and development, designed to ensure maximum performance and comfort. What you wear in an Ironman event can significantly affect your performance - therefore this range is designed to be lightweight, super-comfortable, exceptionally breathable, supportive and functional. New fabrics and features make the Lava collection essential for long-distance racers.
This suit is based on Zone3's standard Tri suit, but features laser-cut short sleeves for improved aerodynamics, bicep muscle support and to enhance protection from UV rays. As with the new Tri suit, it benefits from a significant upgrade to the fabric used on the upper body, which offers maximum breathability, temperature control and freedom of movement. Combined with a supportive compression fabric used on the lower body, this makes for an extremely high performance garment. Further attention to detail has then been added to make the suit more comfortable and functional than ever before.
Key features include:
Aeroforce Soft-Touch - A revolutionary woven fabric from France which is used on the main front and back panels and is extremely comfortable against the skin and technically advanced. It is one of the most expensive performance fabrics on the market - but once you've tried it you'll understand why.
Key benefits include:
Sensory - Zone3's Sensory fabric helps to mimic the Aeroforce Soft-Touch fabric and has an extremely smooth and soft feel, as we;; as a full water-repellent coating. It also benefits from a reflective coating on the sides and backs of the leg panels to help minimise heat absorption from the sun.
Aquaflo - The suit's award-winning Aquaflo fabric is also used for extra support and compression on the front legs.
1. Each fabric is carefully chosen and positioned to improve performance, comfort and endurance.
2. Balanced Compression is provided through the legs, thanks to a carefully designed panel shape and the high denier rating of the Aquaflo fabric. This improves muscle support and helps increase blood flow away from the legs, which in turn reduces lactic acid build-up and helps to improve endurance and stamina.
3. Aerodynamic laser cut short sleeves result in improved aerodynamics and bicep muscle support, and increase protection from UV rays.
1. Women's Specific ‘Iron Performance’ pad designed by Cytech, which is one of the world’s leading pad manufacturers in Italy. Probably one of the most important aspects of racing this distance is being comfortable on the saddle. The innovative perforated pad lamination delivers supreme breathability and dries quickly. The high density foam gives more padding and protection when cycling and the central channeling in the perineal area is designed to help give relief to your pressure points. The high level of elasticity in the pad also maximises freedom of movement when swimming and running.
4. Nutrition storage on each side of the legs and big pockets on the back mean you can stock up on nutrition and keep it easily accessible whilst on the bike or run.
5. Premium Italian leg grippers – New, ultra-soft wide grippers give better pressure distribution and added comfort over silicone-style grippers. These are stitched to the bottom of the leg material rather than inside, which creates a more comfortable fit. It also does a fantastic job of preventing any movement during the cycle and run.
6. Comfort fit design throughout the body and neck, together with slightly wider shoulder panels, offer increased protection from the sun.
7. Optical white colour is used on the majority of the top to help reflect the sun’s heat.
8. Elastic Technology and binding gives a snug fit without any discomfort around the arms and necklines. Also, a new seam construction prevents underarm chafing.
9. Stylish flat-locked stitching: A pattern designed for maximum strength and minimum discomfort against the skin.
10. Front semi-auto lock zipper for extra ventilation during the cycle or run.
11. Total zip protection: Soft fabrics are used to cover the inside of the zipper, and are combined with a 'fold over' cover to minimise any discomfort to the chest from the zip.
The suit offers all-over comfort combined with performance during all three disciplines. If you're taking on a long-distance race this season then Zone3 has designed this to be the perfect suit. MyTriathlon also offers other Tri suit or top and short options from Zone3.
As one of the most trusted triathlon brands, and the manufacturer of My Triathlon’s best selling wetsuit of 2018, Zone3 creates wetsuits and swimwear that aim to maximise your swimming experience. A well-established British company, Zone3 is a brand whose products are designed by athletes, for athletes.
Call us today on 0207 183 7245 or contact us via WebChat for friendly, expert advice and for answers to any sizing queries you may have.