Great North Swim - 8-10th June 2018
Lake Windermere, North Lake
Date: 8-10th June 2018
Water Temperature 2014: 16℃
Water Temperature 2013: 13℃
Water Temperature 2012: 15℃
Numbers approx: 6,000
Wetsuits are compulsory for all great swims.
The largest of the Great Swims, this event is held in the stunning Lake Windermere between Ambleside and Bowness.
The event has sadly not taken place fully in 2011 and 2012. In 2011 the event was cancelled due to water quality issues and in 2102 the storms cancelled one and part of the second day. However this is uncharacteristic and it is reassuring that the organisers [same people who organise the Great North Run] have organised this weekend again this year.
The water was a warmer 15℃ in 2014. Winter has not been too cold so we would expect a similar temperature this year.
We encourage participants to consider MyTriathlon.co.uk for their open water swimming needs. We feature the latest wetsuits and trigear from the most trusted Triathlon Brands - 2XU, Blue Seventy, Orca and Zone 3.
- Personal Service - we can be contacted by phone, web chat or e-mail.
- Helpful Advice - our team of experts will help point you towards the correct size of wetsuit to suit your specific measurements, to make up for the sizing inconsistency between different brands. We have experience of 2XU, Huub, Zone3, Blue Seventy and Orca.
- Available all-year-round - We stock products throughout the year and not just for the UK's short triathlon season.
- Quality Brands at Sensible Prices - We offer 10% discount on most current season products and greater discounts on previous seasons' stock.
- Price Guarantee - If you see the same sized product on another web site we will match it.